1. Rent a Jeep and drive through the rain forest to Scenic Drive - you will get the most amazing views of the island! This particular shot is at the far west end above the Renaissance Carambola Resort!
2. Visit Monk's Bath Beach Tide Pool. On the West End not far from Rainbow Beach you will find this gem. Hand carved in the 1600's by the Knights of Malta, it is a relaxing and unique way to enjoy a swim in the sea! Shoes will be necessary for this jaunt!
3. If you are traveling September - March you MUST and I mean MUST visit the Sandy Point National Refuge area. The beach is the most pristine on island. Very reminiscent of the sandy beach at Buck Island National Monument but without having to pay for a boat ride out there! This beach is closed from April - August for turtle nesting. For more information click here.
4. Try out our MANY fantastic restaurants, food trucks and fresh fruits and veggies! I recently visited the new restaurant 1764 in downtown Christiansted, it was to die for if you love gourmet. If you are looking for a taste of local flavor, head over to Villa Morales for some of the best Crucian and Puerto Rican delights. Don't leave without trying the pate and Johnny Cakes, you will not regret either.
5. Head to the West End for a picturesque sunset on the beach. You can definitely view it other places but for the most memorable experience, West is Best!
Explore, explore, explore, you never know what you may find or uncover in St. Croix. All beaches are public (just make sure you are on public land getting there) and most are unmarked.
After years of living in St. Croix most people (myself included) will tell you that they haven't come close to doing all that there is to do. This list is just a start! For more tips feel free to contact us at Memorable Dreams Events for not only your event and wedding needs but also for tips on travel!
Lori Konkler knew how much she loved helping people to realize their dreams and for many years in the hotel industry had the opportunity to do just that! In 2016 Lori relocated to the island of St. Croix to realize her own dream of becoming an independent event planner and helping people achieve their own Memorable Dreams through their weddings and events.